12/24/2011

Canon Powershot sd1100- special scene selections?

Hi,I did the following:

Canon Powershot sd1100- special scene selections?I've been looking into getting a new digital camera- Canon's Powershots have stood out the most to me. I have a question about the 1100 that I could use some help with- according to Canon's website (http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=145&modelid=16347#ModelFeaturesAct , 3rd page after hitting Next) there are special scene selections like beach, aquarium, foliage, etc. When I looked at the camera at Circuit City and Best Buy, I didn't have that many options. All I could find were the options shown on this review: http://www.steves-digicams.com/2008_reviews/canon_sd1100_pg3.html .

When I asked the employees at both Best Buy and Circuit City, they said the sd1100 doesn't have scene selections. They even helped me attempt to find them. Any help from you guys?

And while we're at it, is the 870 worth the extra $ 50 over the 1100? I mostly take macro shots (handmade jewelry for my etsy shop) and just random photographs. Any input is appreciated!

Hinata
I can't really help you with the SD1100, especially if the employees at Circuit City and Best Buy attempted to find the scene selections. I would think that it would be under the 'Manual' option, but I don't see it on the camera. But I do think that the SD870 is worth the extra $ 50. They're both the same megapixel wise but the SD870's screen is a 3" so it doesnt have a optical viewfinder, however it does have something unique about it and its the wide angle lense which allows you to put more landscaping or people in one photo instead of having to constantly back up. Also I know for sure that the SD870 has a scene selection with a touch turn wheel so you can scroll through the options you want. I hope this helped! :)

Share your answer? Leave your own answer in the comments! DIGITAL CAMERAS BLOG - Unbiased digital camera reviews, tips, prices, and advice


Orignal From: Canon Powershot sd1100- special scene selections?

No comments:

Post a Comment